Wednesday, November 18, 2009

About Colin Quina, me.

I am currently a student of Education at the University of South Alabama. I am 27 years old and working on obtaining my second degree from South. I earned a bachelors degree in English in 2005. After working in Real Estate for a few years, I realized I was broke and wanted to go back to school to become an educator. Now back in school, I want to stay as long as possible and hopefully obtain the right amount of initials to teach educators how to teach. A goal of mine is to start a school or be apart of organizing or developing curriculum for a school. I believe education should reflect the modern world around us; central to this approach is technology and the abilities it affords students to learn about different cultures, from different cultures. I believe in physical activity; it is important to be both sound of body and mind. And Lastly, I believe in the importance of creativity.
I was born in Mobile and have lived here my whole life, with the exception of two years in Baton Rouge attending LSU. My parents are Bill and Jerrie Quina and they are both educators. My older sister Lindsay also lives Mobile with her husband Jim Nagy and their two small children Hayden, four, and Lillian, one. Jim Works as a scout with the Kansas City Chiefs. Lindsay is currently working as a full-time mom, but has worked in the past in interior design.

No comments:

Post a Comment