Monday, November 23, 2009

Physical Activity

I have been physically active in something or another for as long as I can remember, so this comes pretty naturally to me, but besides the obvious health benefits physical activity brings, there are many other skills associated with sports and other physical activities. As someone who has spent a lot of hours swimming laps, I could not help but develop a strong and creative imagination just so I could concentrate on something other than pushing my body to the limits. This, in my opinion, is what has led me to enjoy reading as much as I do and has encouraged me to develop my creative outlets. While playing baseball and football for the many years that I did, the friendships I built, as well as the team building and leadership skills I developed, will stay with me the rest of my life. I think it is very important to know how to work well with others, while also maintaining one's own individuality and self-reliability.

No comments:

Post a Comment